Williams Libraries provides campus-wide access to the New York Times’ digital edition at nyt.com.
- Access includes premium content, unlimited access to published articles after 1980*, and other restricted content from nytimes.com. Access to the crossword, TimesMachine, and e-reader edition is not included.
- Registration must be done using your Williams email (service not available if you don’t have a Williams email address)
- Once registered, access is available from any device, anywhere.
- Faculty/staff registration is valid for one year, renewable. Student registration is valid until graduation year.
In addition to nyt.com, the library provides access to New York Times content through Proquest Central. This includes pre-1980 articles, and the ability to download PDFs of articles.
Massachusetts residents may also access nyt.com and a variety of other newspapers and magazines (as well as e-books and streamed video/audio) by obtaining an e-card through the Boston Public Library:
Register for NYT.com
- Visit accessnyt.com.
- Search for and click the listing for Williams College
- Click "Create Account"
- Complete registration using your Williams email as your login name
- You'll see a confirmation screen, with information on when your subscription expires*. You should also receive a confirmation email.
*Faculty/staff access is valid for one year; at the end of the year you need to verify your campus status by logging into accessnyt.com. Student registrations are valid until their graduation year.