Need to access the online library from off campus? Connecting is easy! Watch a short video or follow the steps below:
- In the library catalog, click on the link in the View It section:
- Sign in with your Williams username (no @williams.edu) and password.
Once you are logged in, you’ll have seamless access to library resources during that search session.
If you run into a paywall, the resource may require a different authentication method, or we may not have a subscription for the content you need.
For help, Ask a Librarian.
Prefer using Google Scholar instead? No problem! Just be sure to connect it to the library.
- In Google Scholar, click on the menu in the upper left corner.
- Choose "Settings," and then "Library links."
- Search for "Williams College," select the FullText@Williams option, and then Save.
Now, on your results list, you'll see "FullText@Williams" links, either on the right side or under the double arrow.
Virtual private network client (VPN) allows you to connect to many Williams College network resources while off campus. However, it does not guarantee access to library resources. Use one of the methods mentioned above instead.
For information about library services that support remote learning, see Studying Away.