Last updated 03/21/2022
– Libraries are open. Library Hours
– Masks are required
– While the mask mandate is in place, food is not allowed in the libraries
- Walk-in access to the libraries is allowed (no card-swipe required)
- Masks are required
- While the mask mandate is in place, food is not allowed in the libraries
- The college's mask policy for in-classroom teaching extends to the classrooms in the libraries
- For CET services check CET's information page.
Request & Pick-up - For materials from the general collections and for A/V equipment. Pick-up available within 24H (Monday-Friday) in Sawyer or Schow during open hours. This service is available to those with full Williams login credentials. How to request items for pick-up.
Request & Scanning - For scans of pages, chapters and sections. Priority is given to requests in support of Fall classes. Request scans. This service is available to current faculty, students staff, and those with full Williams login credentials. Please note that in compliance with copyright guidelines, we no longer scan entire monographs [this service was an exception in place to support online teaching in 2020-21].
Request & Home Delivery - Home delivery of materials from our collections is no longer available. Delivery to campus offices is currently unavailable but expected to resume next academic year.
Special Collections is open for walk-ins [Library Hours].
Appointments are also welcomed.
Reference and research support continues to be available via email. Researchers may request scans of Special Collections material, but scanning is limited based on staff availability and condition of the material. Priority for scanning service is given to requests in support of Fall classes.
- Research assistance is available in person and online through chat, and email.
- Liaison librarians are available to consult in-person and through online appointments.
- Special Collection librarians are available in-person and online to answer reference questions and discuss access to collections.
- Instruction librarians are available to work with faculty to plan courses that include research modules and/or library instruction to teach students research skills. See Teaching Research Skills for details of asynchronous and synchronous options.
- In addition to in-person access, the online library is fully functional. E-books, e-journals, streaming databases are discoverable and accessible through the library catalog. Remote services are described on the Study Away page. The Off-Campus Access page provides step by step instructions for connecting to library subscription services.
Interlibrary Loan is open. Services are available to current faculty, students, staff, and users with full Williams login credentials.
Requests are processed in a timely manner, but turn-around time remains conditional to the level of services offered by lending libraries. Place an interlibrary loan request.
- Streaming - All library streaming services are available. As needed, we will digitize library-owned films and make them available through GLOW. Request streaming. For questions, contact Mary Dzbenski.
- Print Reserve - Whenever possible, we will acquire ebook editions of materials needed. If an ebook is not available, we will place tangible materials on Reserve. Due to copyright, we are not able to scan entire books.