The Archivist oversees collection development and all aspects of campus and public engagement with the College Archives, including instruction, exhibits, and co-curricular programming. Builds relationships with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community partners. Leads the oral history program. Leads instruction sessions with special collections materials. Reports to the Head of Library Special Collections and participates in running the Special Collections Department. Visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ by May 2, 2023 to apply.
- Graduate degree in public history, library science, or equivalent. We may consider candidates with relevant experience and a degree in progress.
- Programmatic leadership or project management experience.
- Superb people skills, patience, and empathy.
- Experience in public outreach and engagement, instruction, and interpretation of cultural heritage.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications and analytical ability.