To support a more sustainable campus and to promote better business workflows, Williams Office of Finance and the records management program (Special Collections, Libraries) sponsor a confidential disposition (shred) day!
* As this service is about creating better, more efficient practices for business at the college, it is only available to staff and faculty.
If you are uncertain of what to shred, please refer to your department’s or office’s retention schedule. If you don’t have a retention schedule you can refer to the General College Records Retention Schedule and the Board of Trustees approved Records Management Policy.
Would you like an individualized records retention schedule? Please contact Jessika. She is happy to meet with you.
Paper and digital records follow the same retention periods. Just because documents live on your computer, Gmail, or Google Drive does not mean we should keep them forever! If you are cleaning out your paper files for Shred Day, this is also a great time to organize digital materials. If you need assistance, Jessika is available for personal archiving appointments.
About the Day:
ProShred, a professional confidential disposition company, will shred (on-site at the Library Shelving Facility) records in need of destruction.
You can send material over to LSF prior to December 1st.
In order to store material in preparation for confidential disposition, you must have a label and an accession number.
How it works:
- Email Jessika Drmacich with the number of boxes you plan to shred. Jessika will provide an accession number. Put the accession number and other relevant information on box labels. (Choose File –> Copy to save a copy for your own use). This is required.
- Register. This is also required.
- Once Jessika is contacted and the form is filled out, Jessika, in consort with Library Shelving Facility staff, will arrange for pickup of your boxes. The final day for pickup for this shred cycle is Tuesday November 30th, 2021.
- The shred company shreds material on December 1st 2021 at the Library Shelving Facility.
If materials to be shredded are in binders, please remove the paper from the binders. Three ring binders cannot be shredded. You do not need to remove paper clips or staples.
You can also dispose of floppy discs, audio cassettes, VHS, CDs, and DVDs. Please separate this type of material in a separate box that is clearly labeled.
Any questions? Please reach out!