The library seeks an enthusiastic, user-centered educator to join our Research Services team as Data Science Librarian. In this newly-created position, you will design and implement data literacy services for undergraduate students, support data-intensive courses, and contribute to the development of the college’s Data Science program. As liaison librarian, you will also guide students and faculty on library research methods, teach instruction sessions and develop library collections.
The Research Services department supports the college’s academic mission by providing research assistance and teaching information literacy skills. We are dedicated to innovation and proactive user-driven services, and we value collegiality and collaboration. We believe in meeting students where they are in their information-seeking journey and helping them grow into empowered, information-literate citizens. We are looking for a colleague who:
- shares our passion for working with students and teaching information/data literacy
- embraces our commitment to critical pedagogy, data ethics/justice and furthering diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility through our work
- welcomes the opportunity to shape the library’s data literacy program
- thrives in a small, relationship-driven academic environment
- is excited to work in a college library supporting students with broadly diverse backgrounds
A Master’s degree is required. While we anticipate that many applicants will have an ALA accredited master’s in library/information science, we are also interested in folks with a relevant mix of education and experience.
For full role details and to apply, visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/