November 15 2019, beginning at 8:30am
To support a more sustainable campus and to promote better business workflows, Williams Office of Finance and the records management program (Special Collections, Libraries) sponsor a confidential disposition (shred) day!
* As this service is about creating better, more efficient practices for business at the college, it is only available to staff and faculty.
If you are uncertain of what to shred, please refer to your department’s or office’s retention schedule. If you don’t have a retention schedule you can refer to the General College Records Retention Schedule and the Board of Trustees approved Records Management Policy.
Would you like an individualized records retention schedule? Please contact Jessika ([email protected])! She is happy to meet with you!
Paper and digital records follow the same retention periods. Just because documents live on your computer does not mean we should keep them forever! If you are cleaning out your paper files for Shred Day, this is also a great time to organize your desktop. If you need assistance, Jessika ([email protected]) is available for personal archiving appointments!
Stay tuned for an announcement for a digital disposition or “Organize Your Files!” hackathon workshop…
About the Day:
ProShred, a professional confidential disposition company, will shred (on-site at the Library Shelving Facility) records in need of destruction.
You can send material over to LSF prior to November 15th.
In order to store material in preparation for confidential disposition, you must have a label and an accession number.
How it works:
- Email Jessika Drmacich at [email protected] with the number of boxes you plan to shred. Jessika will provide an accession number. Put the accession number and other relevant information on box labels. (Choose File –> Copy to save a copy for your own use). This is required.
- Register. This is also required.
- Once Jessika is contacted and the form is filled out, Jessika, in consort with Library Shelving Facility Staff, will arrange for pickup of your boxes. The final day for pickup for this shred cycle is Wednesday November 13, 2019.
- The shred company shreds material on November 15, 2019 at the Library Shelving Facility.
If materials to be shredded are in binders, please remove the paper from the binders. Three ring binders cannot be shredded. You do not need to remove paper clips or staples.
You can also dispose of floppy discs, audio cassettes, VHS, CDs, and DVDs. Please separate this type of material in a separate box that is clearly labeled.
Questions? Contact us.