OS X, Versions 10.0 - 10.4
- Connect to your Internet Service Provider
- Go to Apple | System Preferences | Network
- In "Location" choose "Automatic" (even if it is showing)
- Choose the name of your connection (e.g. AirPort)
- Choose "Advanced"
- Open the "Proxies" tab
- Choose "Web Proxy (HTTP)"
- In the "Web Proxy Server" box, type proxy.williams.edu
- In the next box, (after the colon) type 3128
- Check the box that says, "Proxy server requires password"
- Enter your Williams ID (unix) and password
- Choose "OK" and then "Apply"
- To test the connection, open a web browser and connect to a resource.
Note: Some users have had trouble connecting to the proxy
server using Safari. If the problems persist, try using Mozilla Firefox
instead or see our troubleshooting page.